Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Because a Film has a lot of funny people...

So, I am a big believer in the summer comedy. It can be full of dick and fart jokes, sex scenes and perverse nudity, high school high jinx...you name it. So when the movie Grown Ups came out I thought...JACKPOT! It's a movie about a bunch of guys who used to be friends who come to a lake house with their wives and children to spend time together after 20 or so years. It stars Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade, & Rob Schneider. COME ON! This HAS to be funny right?

WRONG.

There were some humorous moments no doubt. A movie can't be completely without a joke or a funny scene but I kept thinking to myself...when am I gonna laugh? Not exactly what you want in a flick with comedians of this caliber.

There is this one scene where the women are lying out on beach chairs at the water park and a muscle head across the way keeps flexing for them and staring at them...finally after ogling him for a while he make his way over and turns out he is this roided out freak with a voice like Elmo. And to top it off he has a really bad Canadian accent!! I did laugh out loud during that part! I think accents are sexy but Canadian?! No way, eh?!

Don't spend your money unless you are taking your young teenagers...they'll think it's funny and you'll find it enjoyable but I wanted to stab my eyes out.

Grown Ups
Directed By: Dennis Dugan
Written By: Adam Sandler & Fred Wolf
Opened on: June 25, 2010

Cast
Adam Sandler Lenny
Kevin James Eric
Chris Rock Kurt
David Spade Marcus
Rob Schneider Rob
Salma Hayek Roxanne
Mario Bello Sally
Maya Rudolph Deanne

Viewed On: July 6, 2010
Viewed With: Monica & Sarah
Recommendation: If you are thinking this is gonna be classic Sandler or raunchy Spade then get that out of your head. Bring your kids to see this one. Teenagers might find it childish but bearable. I didn't think it was at all funny and might catch it when it comes on HBO if I had NOTHING else to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment